Tuesday 9 March 2010

Downstairs flats

Why do the downstairs flats never open their curtains or blinds? It is understandable I guess that everyone can see in as they walk out to their cars but they must get no light into their flats at all. Quite depressing if you ask me.

I feel sorry for the downstairs flats that have car parking spaces right infront of their kitchen and living room windows, no privacy at all! Same goes for number 1 and 17 they have the electric gate right at their window so anyone sitting in their car waiting for the gate to open can just have a nosey into their flats so it is understandable that their blinds are closed at all times. Number 4 never has their blinds open, probably due to the fact they are right next to the bins. Again this is understandable as putting out the bins is something people just have to do but it must just be easier to keep the blinds closed as you never know when someone is going to go and put their bins out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I currently reside in one of the down stairs flats and let me tell you there is little if no bonus to it. As you so rightly pointed out anyone can have a 'good snoop' if I decide to open the curtains so mainly I don't. Which results in me seeing little if any sunlight. You hear people above you and entering the building. If it wasn't for the fact that in case of fire I would be quick fixed to make a hasty exit I would either ask to be located to a better flat or move completely.